Friday, July 11, 2008

100th post celebration!

Wow... it is hard to believe that I've had enough things to write about for 100 posts since November! I have to admit that I've loved every minute of it. This evolving blog has allowed me to share my daughter's progress with friends and family, and also helped me to keep my sanity by giving me a space to share all of the thoughts flying through my head. I've been able to connect with dear people that I haven't lived close to in years, and to make some new bloggy friends via the fabulous SITS site.

It is tradition for your 100th post to do a giveaway, but unfortunately the only thing I have to give is our destructo-dog. Any takers?
Or you can post 100 things about yourself that no one knows (or wanted to know, for that matter!)

I'll do the first 50 today, and the next 50 this weekend. If you see something that I should elaborate on, let me know and I'll (insert drumroll here)....blog about it!

1. I love the color green...any shade.
2. The last time I skinny-dipped I was swarmed by a school of very large carp in a murky lake.
3. Dancing is my favorite thing to do in the world, and I will do it ANYWHERE.
4. Sunless tanning lotion is my close friend. White flab = bad. Tan flab = not-as-bad.
5. I was back to pre-baby weight within 5 wks after delivery.
6. Don't hate me too much, b/c I still had buy new pants as everything had shifted and I'm still flabby.
7. I respect and appreciate my body and it's abilities 100% more after pregnancy, childbirth and maintaining the breastaurant.
8. I realize that the majority of people don't like music on blogs, but it is so much a part of my life and memories, that I'm compelled to keep it on here!
9. I don't talk about it much, but I believe in God although my religious beliefs don't fall 100% into any one denomination that I've found.
10. My social work jobs have defined me for many years, but I'm going to have to reconcile that when I become a stay-at-home mom this fall.
11. Jobs I've held: intern therapist at adolescent male residential substance abuse treatment center.
12. Maternity floor/NICU/ER medical social worker.
13. Intake and assessment for psychiatric facility. (oooh, good stories there, as you can imagine)
14. In-home child and adolescent therapist.
15. Manager at The Limited (a much-needed hiaitus from social work)
16. Foster parent recruiter and trainer.
17. Foster agency treatment director.
18. Mommy (most challenging one yet!)
19. Autumn is by far my favorite season. New school supplies, perfect weather, burning leaves, Halloween.
20. Favorite foods: Mom's beef stroganoff or chicken divan w/ curry.
21. Adore Indian cuisine, but don't make it at home because you can't do it well low-fat or low-sodium, so why even try?
22. Places I've lived: Mexico, MO; South Bend, IN; Texarkana, AR; Austin, TX; Buford, GA (Atlanta suburb); Louisville, KY.
23. Favorite place: Austin, TX all the way. Meets the requirements of a "Missy place to live": liberal, diverse, healthy, salsa dancing, breakfast burritos, mountain biking mecca. Case closed.
24. I used to play the flute, but I kinda' sucked. Played the oboe, and I reeeeealy sucked! Liked the piano.
25. I've been told I have an "ethnic" nose. Translation = big.
26. It comes from my dad's side, and I actually have grown to like it b/c my dad, uncles and a few cousins share it.
27. Except when I was in jr high and really skinny. I looked exactly like Blossom, except without the tv show.
28. My parents are still happily married, which is a miracle these days.
29. Our family vacations were always adventursome and focused on experiencing things as the locals did.
30. My parents are scuba fanatics, but the thought of being stuck underwater is so scary to me it takes my breath away. I'm grateful they take pictures!
31. I'm a total workaholic. Can't believe I don't have an ulcer.
32. And a coffee-holic.
33. My best work is only done under pressure.
34. My husband and I met in Texas while I was in grad school and he was an Army officer. Yes, I married the good guy.
35. I drive him crazy by paying in change at Starbucks.
36. I drive him crazy by being fiercely independent.
37. I couldn't care less what type of car I drive, or how it looks.
38. If I can't blow dry my hair I don't feel human and I'm crabby.
39. My hair turned wavy during pregnancy, to the point I can scrunch it to make "beach hair".
40. I don't really know what "beach hair" is, but it sounded good, no?
41. We have 4 cats and a german shepherd.
42. They are the cause of great stress and at least 90% of the curse words said in my home.
43. My go-to fall/winter outfit: fitted turtleneck, skirt, tights, knee-high boots. It's a proven winner. Even with the pet hair as an accessory.
44. I am not responsible enough for "real" jewelry, but my parents keep trying, God love 'em!
45. I had braces but didn't wear my retainers properly, so you can't tell. I can't believe my parents still speak to me after that one.
46. Best party we threw: holiday tapas party for friends/neighbors.
47. I have a very big heart and usually give people the benefit of the doubt.
48. When faced with a decision, I narrow down all the options to just the ones that are real-life possibilities. Some call that pessimistic, I call it realistic.
49. Favorite wine: anything from V. Sattui in Napa Valley. Fun place to visit, too.
50. I feel quite self-absorbed writing about me, me me!

11 comments:

Angie's Spot said...

I love meme's! Congrats on your 100th post. And I love Tori Amos. Music = Life. At least for me anyway. I couldn't have my blog without the soundtrack that accompanies it!

Jen said...

Wow, that is an undertaking. How does one come up with 100 things about one's self? I don't know if I could.
I am sad, I totally blew by 100th post. So I am going to do something cool for the 200th. I don't know what but it will be cool.

Carolina Mama said...

Love finding your blog. Great idea on the 50 - 50 for your 100th. I haven't done mine yet.... so good going. Also, you've got to shock your husband and order yourself the Starbucks Custom Card - it is so sweet. Now I don't have to russle for change. And you can make a really cute one.

Since we have Starbucks in common, you may want to see my www.StarbucksCoffeeBlog.com. :)

WheresMyAngels said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I thought I had been to yours before and then saw the Grandfather post below and pretty sure I had commented there.

So funny you are from Mexico, MO. My Child Husband was born there and went to school there. WE actually own a HORRID little house there. My husband wanted to try his hand at "Flipping". So he told me he would have it done in 3 months. Two years later, it still isn't done and ready to flip!! lol We've have had people ask to rent it, but I DON'T do the renting thing, too many hassles!! lol

I had to say Yikes about you loving any color of green. I LOVE certain colors of green (even painted my grandma's antique furniture some shades of it) but some greens are so bad. Ok, all I will say on that!! lol

Good luck on being a SAHM, I lasted almost two years, and never want to do it again. lol Maybe if I only had one kid, it wouldn't of been so bad. But I had two under the age of 4 and a 9 year old at the time.

Have a good weekend!

amy7252 said...

Great post ... had to laugh about the "ethnic" nose comment because I have the same issue. But to be totally honest, I NEVER thought of you as having a big nose. And I knew you in your self-proclaimed Blossom years (and loved that show).

Might have to steal this idea, even though I think I'm already past 100 posts...

Kimberly said...

Missy! Its been forever! (Ok, not really FOREVER, but its been a busy 2 weeks!) I like this idea for 100th post...I learned some things about you! :)
Funny enough, I actually followed the recipe for ratatouille and I was really proud of myself. I can't say I did it all in exact meaurements, but I did use only what it told me to use! :)
I am going to give you a call as soon as I get everything settled again now that I am back from NC. I can't wait to see you all again!

wendy said...

I never thought of doing anything nearly this clever for my 100th post. I also learned we have much more in common than red-headed daughters who, in some photos, could pass for twins!

Sleepless Sabra said...

Love this post - it was lots of fun to read. Also - I left a treat for you on my blog today... Oooohhh. I know you can't wait to see what it is.... :)

Debbie said...

You know why I love you so much. You are smart. You are funny. And you are smart funny. Does that make sense? I absolutely loved reading this...I laughed out loud ALOT. And one other thing, your comment on my blog about Sheryl Crow was brilliant. Have I told you lately that I love smart funny people ;)

Unknown said...

Congrats on your 100th post! Kentuckians rock!

Staci said...

What is it about autumn.....I LOVE halloween....and the way the air smells....its weird...and i love austin too....ive been TRYING soo hard to get jay to move there but he wont budge.....its only an hour away so i can just get my fix about once a month....the thrift stores there are to DIE for.....


Missy

For the moment, my blog has turned into a gratitude journal!


Clickety-click over here to find out the Secret! This fabulous site features new blogs every day!