Sunday, April 19, 2009

Gratitude - Day 3


Today I am grateful for some small, effortless things that are scattered into our complicated lives. Like bulbs. Bulbs don't ask much of you. You don't have to ask much of them (unless you live in the deep South, and then you have to contend with the little shits in your fridge over the winter to trick them into thinking it is freezing, and sometimes you might confuse them with shallots and accidentally put one into your crock pot, but anyway...not that I would ever make that mistake.) Here in Louisville, they are easy. Johnny and I planted these several years ago and they have been a beautiful surprise every spring. Easy. Sometimes we all need a little easy.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love the easy things too! I am always so grateful for the things that are just a given...Your flowers are just so beautiful! :)

Kerri Donaldson Hanna said...

Missy... I have really enjoyed your new gratitudes blog! Taking a step back and enjoying the small things is good for us all. I will send lots and lots of positive thoughts your way for the upcoming months...

uptx4 said...

Missy,
The flowers are gorgeous and remind me of easier times in Spokane, WA! They are hearty...and so are you, Byerly girl!;)


Missy

For the moment, my blog has turned into a gratitude journal!


Clickety-click over here to find out the Secret! This fabulous site features new blogs every day!