Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Gratitude - Day 4





Today I am grateful for the opportunity to experience holidays and daily activities through the eyes of my daughter. Everything is new to her, which causes you to pause and wonder exactly what she is thinking about. I wonder what she thinks when she sees our funky little handmade egg chandelier (which I plan to leave up for while, thankyouverymuch, because it is fun, and yes I realize Easter is over). Taking the time to slow down and WONDER has been good for the soul. Forcing myself to actually celebrate holidays instead of merely seeing them as "oh crud, this means I'll be receiving more emergency calls because the office is closed and obviously every child is going to have a mental health meltdown at 2am". Thanks, Hania! You are apparently a good influence on your Mama!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

How fun! This is such a great aspect to be grateful for! I have found the same type of renewed love for all things exciting this year with my students. Its been so fun to remember what it means to really get excited for Christmas and Halloween and Easter and Valentine's Day, etc. etc. etc. and actually see them as events to look forward to with anticipation instead of dread! What a gorgeous little girl Hania is! And what a goregous cake too! Give home-girl a kiss for me!


Missy

For the moment, my blog has turned into a gratitude journal!


Clickety-click over here to find out the Secret! This fabulous site features new blogs every day!