Saturday, February 2, 2008

Spoiled rotten

I have a confession. Hania and I are extremely spoiled by my parents (her Poohma & Poohpa). They send little packages for her birthday each month, and it really brightens our day. Ok, so MY day, but you know what I mean. Gift giving is a big deal in my family...we adore shopping for a gift, making a care package, knowing that it is something that someone can really use. Maybe I'm just justifying my spoiled-rottenness.

Video of Hania attempting to open the package... Using too much tape is a long running joke in our family.



Inside we found some adorable sleepers like this one....



And this one... (Check out her mad volleyball skills too. Spike it girl!)
This will be her Valentine's Day sleeper, it has little hearts and ladybugs all over it.



And a gift card so Mommy can purchase this life-giving substance...



And some cute bibs, which Mr. Hobbes reluctantly modeled...



Perhaps the best item in the care package was this book. It is a riot! Hania already has a full book shelf between all of my old books that my parents saved, and others that she has been given, but THIS one really caught her attention. There aren't even any words, but as I described the babies she reached out and patted their faces. Simply adorable.

It is folded accordion style and one side is "Happy Jolly Beaming Babies".



The other side is "Cranky Crabby Crying Babies". The kid in the middle is actually blowing a snot bubble and has tears streaming down his face. Somebody grab a kleenex, QUICK! I hate boogers. Profound statement, eh? Stuffy noses are just so sad on little ones.

Seriously though, I highly recommend this book for little ones. Research shows that babies are able to identify faces very soon after birth, and they enjoy looking at other babies.
Hania loves it!



Thanks Byerly grandparents! We appreciate the care package!

1 comment:

Byerly grandparents said...

Glad Pooh liked the "care package", however, she needs a little more practice opening them. Guess we will just have to send more. Mr. Hobbes in the bib is a riot! Only you would have a cat that will tolerate being dressed up.


Missy

For the moment, my blog has turned into a gratitude journal!


Clickety-click over here to find out the Secret! This fabulous site features new blogs every day!