Friday, February 1, 2008

Playing hookie

I am officially coming down with something. The symptoms feel eerily similar to the bad cold that I had several wks ago. Unfortunately, it seems that I get sick about 2 days after I've been at our gym. It appears to be a very clean place but you never know... Plus I was rolling around on the floor while I was there. Strange, yes, but it turns out that even though I thought I was going to a very tough hip hop dance class, the instructor had recently turned it into a "Tease" class. Uh huh...as in strip. And apparently strippers writhe around on the floor? I just went with it and tried to get a workout out of it, but left feeling like I should have just jumped on an elliptical or something. One last note...I don't think strippers wear Nikes and their old college football shirt with holes in it.

So...we are playing hookie from work today in an attempt to not spread my germs. It is soooo much easier to get the 26 page mental health assessments done sitting in your pj's.
Hania and I have been having fun, despite my sore throat and headache.

On our run to the coffee shop around the corner... because caffeine is what you need to hydrate when you are sick! It is the end of an era. Pooh's Pooh Bear snow suit is too short for her! So sad. Her little legs couldn't even straighten out in it. We had to switch to this one, which we received at our shower. Sorta looks like Eyeore w/ the ears.



Then we tried out the Bumbo seat. She does a great job balancing with support. I really think she might be starting to teethe; she chews on everything. I turned my head and she was slumped over, gnawing on the blue plastic hump. I'm almost afraid to look in her mouth.



Oh my! BIG FOOT has been spotted!



This item was recalled a while back because children were falling off of counter tops. Really people, counter tops? Perhaps the parents should be recalled, NOT the seat.

And finally, we did tummy time in her crib. She usually only lasts a few minutes, but she seemed to really enjoy it and has gained a lot of strength in her arms. I was taking a minute to grab up the "What to Expect the First Year" book to see what things she is supposed to be doing by now. Suddenly she just rolled over to her back! Guess she thought she'd help me out. Rolling over is under the "...might possibly be able to" category for this month.

We tried to capture it again but I think she's out of steam. So this is just some tummy time progress. And Keira weighs in on the matter. Lovely animal.

Blogger isn't downloading the video, so I'll try to post that in a few hours.

And finally she is asleep! Looking forward to a glorious, blissfully quiet and uninterrupted 2 hours to do some work. There might even be a shower in my future.

4 comments:

amy7252 said...

"Perhaps the parents should be recalled, NOT the seat."

OK, totally laughed out loud at that one!!

Byerly grandparents said...

Well, that was one kind of dancing you never did at Janet's in Mexico, MO! Too funny.....would love to have seen the look on your face. Loved the account!
Pooh is precious in the Bumbo - growing too fast.

Laura said...

I agree about re-calling the parents. Does anyone else think that everyone is being a bit too cautious with baby items?

Sleepless Sabra said...

Love your comment about recalling the parents! Very true! She really seems to enjoy the little seat, and I love her new snowsuit with the little ears.


Missy

For the moment, my blog has turned into a gratitude journal!


Clickety-click over here to find out the Secret! This fabulous site features new blogs every day!