Friday, February 8, 2008

Baby product review coming soon!

No pics today because I'm still at work! Boo!

I realize that I promised a review of the baby products that I've tried, and it should be up sometime this weekend. Work has been wild and I've been cleaning the house frantically because Johnny's mom is coming to help out for a week. I know, that is sort of like cleaning before the maid comes, but who wants their mother-in-law to see their house as the filthy, disasterous health hazard that it truly is? Come on, if you're married and female you KNOW what I mean! I'm all about "keepin it real" but a cat that poops directly in front of the litter box entrance is a tad too "real". Anyway...

My eyes are propped open with toothpicks and I fell asleep while talking on the phone to a worker about a child that we are placing in a foster home next week. Actually, I fell asleep while asking a question. Yep, that's bad.

But back to the product review. I'm psyched to do this. Really psyched. Because I know how much time and effort it takes to do all the research and look into all the best things for your new baby, and of course you are trying to do this while you are exhausted and hormonal.

I love giving my endorsement for products that I really, truly think are worthy. Several years back you would have thought that I was the newly hired spokeswoman for the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. LOVE. IT. If you have pets or kids it is a must-have. Except for the fact that it causes chemical burns on childrens' hands sometimes. So I guess you could just slap some rubber gloves on them and say "don't touch your face". Or not.

My latest product to rant about: Bare Minerals makeup. Oh yes, I realize that I'm like, 5 yrs behind that trend. In fact, my mother beat me to it. She tried to convince me to try hers for the past year but I resisted. Honestly, the colors look horrendous in the little jars. Scary, like clown paint. Change is hard for me, especially when it comes to a beauty routine (or lack thereof). I just could not grasp the concept of a tiny bit of powder providing good coverage...but it DOES! It is miraculous! Fool proof and quick! My mom put it in my care package for Christmas and I took the plunge and tried it. And if it makes the face of a sleep-deprived, ex-sun worshipping, stressed out new mommy look good, then imagine what effects it might have on someone who actually washes their face at night! Mama DID know best...

All that to say that yes, the product review is coming soon!

Can you believe that out of our group of 10 or so college friends, that there will be 7 babies born in one year? (Sorry Las Vegas, you won't be graced with our classy presence this year. I know we will be missed. Maybe in 2009...) Not to mention several high school friends that I'm in touch with via blog, who have little ones that are completely adorable and growing and changing so quickly. It is fun to share this experience with so many different people, and to be able to give my humble opinion on things that might be helpful to others. For being such an introvert, I feel strangely compelled to discuss my experience with all things baby-related! There are a few things that I wished I'd asked my friends about that were already mothers...like breastfeeding, or the recovery process after you leave the hospital, and why didn't someone tell me that the best part of the epidural was that fact that you no longer felt your water breaking, so you didn't feel like you were peeing on yourself? Ha! But seriously, I love feeling as if you have stumbled onto something really cool and you just MUST share it. Like the store Anthropologie. Really now, I know that I might be the last person of the face of the earth that didn't know about this store. Maybe I've been living under a rock. Or just in Louisville. And I can only see it online because we don't have one here...and I probably wouldn't pay $88 for a top even if it WAS located here...but I got all giddy just knowing that something that neat and pretty was available! Dork dork dork. Oh, and the Canadian folk band the Duhks. They are the best! I heard them on XM Radio and discovered that they've been around forever and ever, and I'm probably the last one to hear them, but really....so divine. I think this is why I loved living in Austin, TX so much. Because I had the time and energy at that specific point in my life to EXPLORE it thoroughly, to soak up every little bit of it, the weird, the worthless, the amazing...all of it. So even if I can't explore anything major these days, even exploring baby products has filled that need to seek out new things.

Ok, really I'm not in need of Ritalin. Just tired and my mind is racing! Must...get...sleep.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Missy, You are so funny. I can't wait for the product reviews of baby items - I will add any relevant comments I have too. If it makes you feel any better, I have never heard of Anthropologie, Bare Minerals Make up, or even the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

Byerly grandparents said...

You go girl! Your Dad and I love discovering new things too. Our new "thing" for Friday night was the realization that the new "green" spiral fluorescent light blubs have an after glow after you turn them off. Ok, that's my discovery for the day.....going to watch TV.

amy7252 said...

I'll have to chime in on the baby product reviews ... I know what you mean about wanting to share things that truly work! Can't wait to see your first review!


Missy

For the moment, my blog has turned into a gratitude journal!


Clickety-click over here to find out the Secret! This fabulous site features new blogs every day!