Sunday, October 19, 2008

We have a walker!

Hania's birthday pics are on the way, but here is a clip of our cutie in the meantime to time you over.
I don't believe we've posted any video of her walking yet, and she started taking off around her 11 month birthday. She was cautious initially, but now she can climb to the top of the stairs, chase down the dog to pat her (more like beat her!) and tries to ambush the kitties.

Please forgive the location. We are in a parking garage on the Univ of Louisville campus after a trip to the Speed Art Museum. There is an exhibit there that Johnny wanted to see for his birthday (34 TODAY! Hard to believe he was only 24 when I met him). It is a collection of American art on loan from Yale and includes paintings by John Trumbull, who specialized in documenting the Revolutionary War. Pretty cool.
I hoped that the exhibit would be empty because there was a college football game going on, so that if she wanted to talk or run a bit it would be okay. I'm thinking that art hung on walls is safe from a toddler's reach, right? Yes, it was empty, but I did NOT bargain for the historic pieces of furniture scattered throughout the exhibit. So when she took off running towards say, a large sideboard piece made in 1887, I figured out that she must be confined to stroller or arms. And the screaming began. We hightailed it to a more remote section of the display so Daddy could enjoy (read: drool over) the details of the prints.
All in all, a fun day. But she was ready to run by the time it was over!

5 comments:

Byerly grandparents said...

Our little pumpkin is just ADORABLE in her Halloween jumper; and what a good walker! Sounds like you all had fun at the museum. Happy Birthday Johnny!

Jess NBP said...

It's amazing what they feel like doing and all. Congrats on her walking!! So precious.

Happy birthday Johnny!

Jen said...

so cute! and happy birthday to your sweetie.

amy7252 said...

And once again, I am reminded to be thankful that Elle refuses to let go of furniture while walking! I can only imagine what it's going to be like when she realizes that she can let go and still stay standing. Glad you survived the museum anyway!!

Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday Johnny!

Every new picture of that baby girl just makes me melt! I can't believe she's walking like such a big toddler! I can't wait to see ya'll in a couple months (hopefully I'm coming home for Christmas). Hania has changed so much!

I hope all is going well with you! Much love, as always...


Missy

For the moment, my blog has turned into a gratitude journal!


Clickety-click over here to find out the Secret! This fabulous site features new blogs every day!