Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Almost Wordless Wednesday - Bernheim Forest with the Kelty

You know I couldn't post something without ANY words, right?
By the way, did you notice the blog touch up? Thanks to those fabulous Blogalicious girls, Staci & Stephanie, who offered to give me a little bloggy nip/tuck. Can't have the blog looking saggy, can we? If anyone is looking for a new blog design, these are your girls!

We went to Bernheim Forest again last weekend and tried out the Kelty kiddie backpack for the first time. It was INCREDIBLE! It felt like she might completely tip out of it while getting it on, but once you have the straps in place she was very secure.
Only one of these red heads is natural...
I know, don't be intimidated, I AM a fashion icon. If you'd like a closer look at any of these pictures, just click to enlarge. You know, if you want to see my "Gettin' Lucky in Kentucky" shirt. Tim Gunn would not be pleased.
Hania loved riding along, nibbling on organic graham crackers. Yes, I'm one of those dorky mamas that doesn't let the child have sugar until the 1st birthday. She's rollin' with her homies.
It was BugFest at Bernheim, so there were exhibits, craft tables, touch tables, etc for all of the older kids. Hania was more interested in the drummers. They were singing African songs and she really got into it, beating on the drums, attempting to climb on the huge xylophone.
This is her looking up when she heard that they incorporated her name into one of the songs. "Who? Me?"
That wasn't very "wordless", was it?

5 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

My back is killing me, looking at those photo's!! I think I'd rather have the "centipede" (hee hee), then to have to carry it. It looks painful. I always perfer to tie a rope around my kids and drag them ;)

Oh I was reading about Mexico the other day and it is no longer called the Soy Bean Festival (wasn't that what you called it?), they changed the name a few years back. But not sure what it was.

Blogalicious Designs said...

OH she is sooo freakin cute....i love the pic where she is smiling through her shooshie (pacie, pacifier) precious!!!

Jen said...

Looks like you have a future drummer. That is going to be fun, like of what a drum set will be like in your house.
That looks like a beautiful place. I love all the family pictures.

Kimberly said...

Oh. My. Heck. (and I can say that because I live in Utah now) Miss Hania looks so different from the last time I saw her!! I can't believe how much she's grown! What a beautiful girl! I just can't believe my eyes! She's always been so gorgeous but man! She's growing up so fast! Is she crawling/walking yet? It looks like y'all had fun! I never did go hiking there...that'll have to happen someday.
She always has loved bongo drums, right? :)

Debbie said...

NOw I am sick to my stomach that I haven't checked in on you for so long. Hania is getting so big! And that red hair is gorgeous. Oh my word, where did she get that!?? She is just precious.


Missy

For the moment, my blog has turned into a gratitude journal!


Clickety-click over here to find out the Secret! This fabulous site features new blogs every day!