Monday, July 28, 2008

Not my kinda' delivery

This is what the tabloids had to say about Matthew McConaughey helping his girlfriend to deliver their child:
Actor. Surfer. Delivery room DJ. "We found a great rhythm. Contractions started kicking in. I sat there with her, right between her legs," the actor drawls to OK! of coaching Camila Alves through the birth of their son, Levi, who arrived on July 7. "We got tribal on it, we danced to it! I was DJ-ing this Brazilian music ... We were jamming! She was sweating. No painkiller, let's go. She just clicked into that gear that only a woman has at a time like this."

Ok... no matter how hot this dude is... no matter how much I like salsa dancing... I don't think I'd be cool with him all up in my business playing DJ during labor.

But then again, this is also the guy that doesn't like deodorant.

13 comments:

Caroline said...

MM's not the spiciest dorito in the bag if you get my drift. He just needs to keep his mouth shut and his shirt off.

wendy said...

I am going to have to agree with Caroline. He's great to look at but I don't think I've ever seen him appear intelligent in an interview.

Adelaine said...

Not much of a MM follower but I have to say, if my husband pulled that crap - I'd have to kick him out of the delivery room!

Unknown said...

I'm not much of a MM fan either, but I think he needs to get a grip! I didn't have any painkillers with any of my 3 kids, but it was no party either. I wanted my hubby there to hold my hand, not be splayed between my legs cheering me on!

Debbie said...

My husband told me about this and we just laughed. He is such a dork...and so clueless at how stupid he sounds...all the time!

WheresMyAngels said...

Okay that sounds so much like an Owen Wilson comment! And I would of been kicking him in the face if he was acting that way with me.

Anonymous said...

What an idiot. He may be hot, but she must be a very tolerant woman to put up with that crap during labor. Although, TMZ says she is back to her normal size 2 in only 3 weeks, so maybe all the Salsa dancing delivery crap gave her a good work out.

Give me an epidural and silence.

Heather said...

I saw that. It was HUH-larious!!! He's so hot, but soooooo wierd.

Unknown said...

I agree - he needs to just keep his mouth SHUT. And probably put down the joint.

And...

HOW DID I NOT HAVE YOU ON MY BLOG-ROLL??? I JUST REALIZED THAT!!! Lordy lordy I need some serious help!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Okkkkaaaayyyy. I am not sure that I understand the fascination with MM. Because everytime he opens his mouth, the looks just don't matter anymore.

And what does he mean "we" found a great rhythm. I don't recall ever thinking that my contractions had a rhythm...other than a painful crescendo...

Ashley. Unscripted... said...

That is hilarious. I can totally picture him doing tribal dances while she's in labor.

Anonymous said...

Some things are better left private. He gets weirder and weirder every time he opens his mouth...

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. That man is burnt! Did you read where he buried her placenta? Learned that from some tribal thing too. Yeah, smoke another one, Matt!


Missy

For the moment, my blog has turned into a gratitude journal!


Clickety-click over here to find out the Secret! This fabulous site features new blogs every day!