Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Fabulous end to my day

Can you believe it? I've been given my first award from Hot Tub Lizzy, who is one of my absolute favorite bloggers! She is one funny chick. As in, makes you want to pee in your pants funny. Insightful. Uplifting. Honest. A healthy love of all things Target. You need to go check her out.

I love that the SMILE award came my way. I need some motivation to SMILE my way through my last 2 months of work!

These are the rules:
1. The recipient must link back t0 the award's creator (http://www.thebabblingsofmere.blogspot.com/)
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must chose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere.
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.

Characteristics for the Smile Award:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude. (not necessarily at all times--we are all human)
2. Must love one another
3. Must make mistakes
4. Must learn from others
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world
6. Must love life
7. Must love kids

And the award goes to...

1. Kimberly - She is wise far beyond her years and always has some amazing stories to tell about her travels. I can't wait to hear about her first year as a teacher in Salt Lake City this fall! Her students will be incredibly lucky!

2. Sabra - a dear friend from way-back, who makes her own plum jam...from trees in her front yard. And then she claims that she isn't a crunchy granola mommy. Um, I'm not buying it! Her 3 kiddos are always involved in fun activities and her positive outlook is contagious.

3. Amy - another dear friend from way-back. Our lives have mirrored one another since single-digit days, and here we are again with our little girls! It looks like this family is always on the move and never sits still. Oooh, and she's quite witty.

4. Where's My Angels - She has 3 girls that keep her on the go, plus a Child Husband to raise! How does she ever find time to sleep? Her stories will make you smile on a daily basis.

5. Buried With Children - I supposed you could say she loves children...she has triplets and their big brother! Her sunny outlook on everything from locker rooms to vomit-fest 2008 will have you rolling!

Thanks again Lizzy! You made ME smile all evening!

10 comments:

amy7252 said...

Aw shucks, thanks, Missy! Now all we have to do is move into the same school district when the girls are "of age" and enter them both in the science fair ...

Unknown said...

I'm glad I made you smile!!! I'm gonna go check out who YOU gave your award to - isn't this FUN!!!!

Kimberly said...

Thanks for the award Missy!! I don't know if I can live up to it, but I'm sure gonna try! :) I hope your day was good today. Mine and Hania's was fun (as always!). Can't wait for y'all to come out this weekend!

Jen said...

I am so touched! I really don't know what to say. Thank you and I am glad that I can make you smile. That is what its all about passing on the happiness, even if it is at my expense. :)
Stay tuned...

Kimberly said...

Oooh...now you have me all intrigued! Def. we can chat about it this weekend. I think you could be right about wikipedia...maybe I should explain to Lauren--who always complains about not being allowed to use wikipedia for school--that this is why! :)

Sleepless Sabra said...

Thanks so much for the award, how flattering! :) I was a little bummed today as I woke up with a very sore throat but now I have a smile on my face again. Thanks, you rock!

Angie's Spot said...

Congrats on your award! It's gorgeous!

I'm looking forward to reading your other 50 items about you. The carp story was too funny!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Congrats! I am so horrible at passing my awards on. Or even acknowledging that I got them in the first place. I think I'll blame the procrastinator gene.

Love your list of 50. My hair turned curly with babies too. And I started my list of 100. I only got to 37. So, I never posted it. I'm doing it in bits and pieces with all these random memes and quirk memes...

Tam said...

congrats on the award

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You certainly deserve this award :)


Missy

For the moment, my blog has turned into a gratitude journal!


Clickety-click over here to find out the Secret! This fabulous site features new blogs every day!