Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Really, I'm not psycho

Perhaps that might not have been the best post to write, and then drop off the face of the earth, huh? Several things:

1. I'm okay. Tired, yes. Need a margarita, yes. Psycho, not officially.

2. You're okay. (Just thought we'd have a little affirmation moment while we're all here together)

3. I'm seriously over-committed this week between a huge work audit, church meeting (ok ya'll, you can stop laughing...really, I mean it. Yes, the heathen not only goes to church but serves on a committee. I am fully aware of the hilarity of this situation, it's NOT lost on this girl!), attempting to clean/organize home before in-laws arrive, and spending time with the fam. What does this mean for you, you ask? No blogging until Friday at least.

4. I am leaving my job in September. Lest you think that I'm just someone that gripes and doesn't do anything about it, I felt like I needed to let you know. What does this mean for you?
More blogging genius, for sure!

5. If you want to see what we were up to over the weekend but I've been too tired to compose my thoughts on, check out Kimberly's blog about the bread-baking extravaganza. How cute is she? And brilliant. And talented. And we're going to miss her terribly when she moves to Salt Lake City, but thank goodness she's now blogging so we can keep up with one another!

6. There is a MAJOR blog makeover on the way! Thanks to the girls at Blogalicious (genius, I tell ya'!) it is looking better every day and it might be ready by the weekend!

6. I always keep a list (several, actually) on hand so that I don't forget everything that is going on in my head. This is what my "to blog about" list currently says:
home made baby food
church committee hilarity
red pepper, english cucumber, kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes (oops, mixed the lists, that one is for the Greek salad I was making!)
Why do they make tank tops for babies if they don't have shoulders?
the need to dance
recipe for Mom's apple pie with apricot brandy (can't hold that one back from the world!)

Please check back this weekend and you might see something more interesting that just my lists!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to seeing the changes to your blog! Popped over here this morning, having read your cute comment on today's SITS site (sorry, it's early; I forgot the name). I, too, am out-of-my-mind busy for the next week, so I feel your pain :) I'll be back!

Anonymous said...

oops-I hit post before fixing that link~

Heather said...

Ooooo, I can't WAIT to see your blog make-over. How exciting. Hang in there. Things will calm down soon and thank you for the moment of affirmation. Always good to know I'm okay.

Lindsey said...

I am so excited to see your makeover...and are you joining the ranks of us stay at home mommies in September??? And your list of cucumbers, olives etc made my mouth water...and little Miss Thang is scrumptious! And I won't say "and" anymore...because I am done for the night;)

Clayton said...

Psycho, perhaps not, but crazy, certainly! I feel strange commenting on your blog; the only other commenters are women! I'm not even a stay-at-homer (or even Simpson, Homer). Thanks for commenting on my nascent blog.

Kimberly said...

Missy, you are too sweet! :) Thanks for the link though. So...I think your Hania butterfly is pretty darn cute...I like the "roots and wings" idea. That is a favorite quote of mine! Fun stuff!

Caroline said...

Nice new look! The nerve of that Kroger woman. People just aren't raised like we were back in "the day". Whatever happened to "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you? Next time you see that Kroger woman, you tell her... POP OFF!

Blogalicious Designs said...

Hey you, i was going to ask you if you are okay with the left sidebar where everything is soo close to the edge.....i dont know why it does that but i can either center justify and see if that works, or play with the margins, let me know!!! I like the new text color, if you need anything else, let me know......and the only reason i didnt use the pic of hania you sent, is cause i would like to get one with her lil footies showing, so i can place her on top of the grass, but i love the fact that she is looking in the direction of the butterflies.....so if you have one or come up with one later where she has feet AND looking to the right then were MONEY!!! if not now worries...she is super precious!!!

Tiffany said...

Look at you fancy pants!!! I am so glad to hear that you are moving on in September. That job was not enhancing your life.

Man, that girl is so stinkin' cute, she makes my ovaries hurt!

Krafty Kat said...

Love your new blog design! I'm trying to figure out what to do with mine!

Christi S said...

praying that life slows down for you some soon. I've been there, and it isn't a fun place!!

Debbie said...

Missy, your blog design looks fantastic! Now give me a new post will ya!

Arial said...

How about your new look and blog page is all of that!!!! Fa real.... We will miss working with you. I know that you were raised by great parents; so glad I met you and Johnny. Your a beautiful family. Love, Monique & Arial aka Gummy Gums


Missy

For the moment, my blog has turned into a gratitude journal!


Clickety-click over here to find out the Secret! This fabulous site features new blogs every day!