Friday, April 11, 2008

Salt & Pepa


Can you handle this cuteness? If in doubt, you might want to stop scrolling down about now, because it is pretty darn cute... My mom got matching outfits for Hania and Arial (aka Salt & Pepa OR Ebony & Ivory) and we did an impromptu photo shoot. Yes, we are supposed to be working. But Monique and I get more done on a bad day than most folks do all week... I'm just saying.

Future AKA's. If you don't know why this is funny to say Hania is a future AKA, then you have not lived in Atlanta.

These shots say it all: Hania is just observing everything casually, staring into the camera (poor child probably thinks something is amiss if a day goes by WITHOUT a camera in her face) and Arial is into EVERYTHING! Looking around, checking things out, nothing gets by this little girl!

Only 2 months apart! Hania is a bit of a chunk, and Arial is very petite. Both wearing their new shoes. Thanks to Monique for trying to corral two wild things! I told her she looked like a natural holding two babies, so when was the 2nd one on the way. Then she cussed me out. Just kidding! She's a lady, so she just rolled her eyes. (: But she was possibly cussing me out in her mind.


I cannot believe how long it has been since the last entry. Slacking, I tell ya! Actually not. Life is just going full speed ahead, as usual. I'll try to hit the high points:

* Returned home from our trip to Texarkana and still trying to get caught up on housework/laundry/organizing. It is not humanly possible. Johnny is giving everything he has and so am I. Disaster imminent. Must teach cats to scoop their own litter boxes. Teaching Hania to do her laundry is on the weekend to-do list. She really hasn't been pulling her weight around here lately. All 16 lbs, 1 oz.

* Seriously considering taking Keira to live on a farm with one of our foster families. This is a heart breaking decision to make, but we are trying to weigh if she would be happier living without a fence and with 12 kids to pay her endless attention. Even if the kids are hellions. But she could always just eat them if they get too wild. But that would require me to do more "critical incident" paperwork, as well as add "eaten by dog" to the checklist of common incidents.
* Started my new position, which is really the same position but double the caseload and 2 more offices to oversee, plus at least one day per week of travel. Still bringing Hania 4 days per week.

* Mucho job drama....this section has been edited to protect the not-so-innocent, and because you never know who is reading! I know I will look back on this years later and laugh...right? RIGHT? (:

*
Hania is making so much progress lately! A quick rundown: can hold her own 4 oz bottle; happily eats baby food (peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, green beans); reaches out towards the kitties and dog attempting to grab their fur, fascinated by textures (ie fringe on the pillow, scratchy carpet, running water); sleeps in her big-girl crib upstairs with the monitor on at night; developed a hacking cough a week ago that might have been croup; loves to stomp her feet and jump while watching herself in the mirror; loves to play the "piano" on her exersaucer; sits up by herself and is developing a good sense of balance.

I think that about covers it! Will try to resume more frequent posts!!!


3 comments:

Laura said...

I could never give up one of my puppies! That would be a heartbreaking decision for me. Maybe you could get her back in a couple of years.

Schmonsees grandparents said...

Eagerly awaiting our visit this weekend. What wonderful growth in both of these sweethearts!

Schmonsees Grands

Arial said...

Missy, Your page is what's happen!!! My life's just fine!!!


Missy

For the moment, my blog has turned into a gratitude journal!


Clickety-click over here to find out the Secret! This fabulous site features new blogs every day!