Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Is it "Da-da"?



Look what Hania started doing last night...

Allright, we need some help from our "readers" (all 5 of you!)
Is this sweet child saying "Da-da"? We sure would like to think it is, but since this is our first round of parenting, we might be overzealous!

She has been moving her jaw like this for the past week and suddenly this just came out! She is playing in her round-and-round (well, that's what we call it) in our bathroom while I ransack my cabinets to prepare for the church yard sale. She just started saying it, and I yelled for Johnny to come see his child prodigy.

So funny that she sounds exasperated! Johnny says that is because she is used to hearing Mommy refer to Daddy in that tone. I have no idea what he is taking about. I am a patient and kind individual that only speaks in loving tones to my family. Ha!

3 comments:

amy7252 said...

We think that it is the babbling version of da-da (i.e. she doesn't equate it with Daddy, but she's saying it). Too fun!

Scott, Victoria, Hannah and Caleb said...

I agree with Amy. AND...her first word will be MAMA!

Byerly grandparents said...

What an authoratative voice our girl has! How thrilling to hear her first vocalizations. I agree with Amy - it is definitely da-da. Unless Johnny is standing in the room.....she may be calling the round-n-round Dada!


Missy

For the moment, my blog has turned into a gratitude journal!


Clickety-click over here to find out the Secret! This fabulous site features new blogs every day!