Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Cackling Hania



This video is a little late, but that's just how we roll around here....always a little late with good intentions!
It was taken at her 6-month check up on 4/11/08 and she was getting a little antsy so we had to resort to the oldest trick in the book - throwing the child around. She loves to fly! Check out her cackling (you can't even call that a laugh, she's cracking up!).


And then something funny that made ME laugh. For weeks, people, laughing for weeks. When I'm driving along in a foul mood about work, or I'm annoyed that the cat left a present outside the litter box, I think about this and it just makes me laugh.

Note to readers: this is a little crude and not exactly family friendly. Not that the children will "get it" but I had to warn you.

Conversation had with an acquaintance, regarding the doctor's news that Hania might have croup: (turns out she did not, but that is besides the point)

Lady: So how's Hania doing? Is she feeling better?
Missy: Yes, the doctor said she might have croup but we'll just have to see how her cough develops and if it worsens we'll take her back in.
Lady: Oh, the croup. Wow, that's awful. I had it once and man, it really burns so bad when you pee. It's just miserable.
Missy: (insert stunned silence here) Umm....
Lady: But they just give you some medicine and it's no big deal.
Missy: (reaching for something, anything to say when I realized that this acquaintance not only confused croup with the clap, but that she disclosed her personal experience about it.)
Great. Well, uh, gotta run.

Wow. That's all I have to say about that, Enjoy that little snippet of my life in Kentucky!
Wish you were here to share in my many delightful cultural experiences!

4 comments:

amy7252 said...

Oh. My. God. Why in the *^#@ would that woman think that your infant daughter would have the clap??? And further, as you said, why on earth would she tell you that she once had it??? Seriously, that is the most astounding story I have ever heard. EVER.

And yes, I will be laughing about it for weeks, too.

On a lighter note, loved the video. Elle loves to be tossed in the air, too!

Missy said...

Ok, look Amy, I'm not astounding enough to have a naked guy parading around in my basement, so.... I think you guys beat me in the astounding department! (: Our parents must be so proud that we find ourselves in these predicaments, eh?

Sleepless Sabra said...

Ok, I was thinking the same thing as Amy - Why would she assume your infant daughter had the clap? People are just too weird. I swear!

The Deranged Housewife said...

Hey, I know you're talking about me~ but it wasn't the clap I was talking about. I thought we were talking about goop. So you're daughter has goop and coughs and others have goop other places. Don't hate!
:)
I'll be here all week!


Missy

For the moment, my blog has turned into a gratitude journal!


Clickety-click over here to find out the Secret! This fabulous site features new blogs every day!