Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Shout out to Baby Daddy in Korea!



Johnny is in Korea for work for approximately 10 days. It is not really a long time, but we thought that a blog post would be a good way to keep in touch. Please excuse this newsy, random post, but I want to catch Johnny up on the latest and greatest in our household.

I ADORE this picture of Hania. She is starting to look like a little girl, not just a baby. I took this on 1/14/08. She's been wonderfully laid back this week despite several late nights at work. Her recent accomplishments in the past several days:
pulling the bottle up to her mouth
grasping a rattle more firmly, and bringing it to her mouth
grabbing her clothing, and bringing it to her mouth (are you seeing a pattern here?)
kicking at the crib piano (it is obvious that she becomes frustrated when she continues to hit the same key over and over, so I have to move her a little one way or the other to help her hit a different one after a while)
sitting up with assistance from the Boppy
many, many smiles.

Keira the dog is taking full advantage of the pack leader being gone. She has been sleeping all over your pillow. Yes, I will wash it before you get home. Or will I? hee hee... She is also trying to put her stinky dog heinie up on the couch, which I quickly put a stop to....when is the last time she tried THAT? Definitely thinks I'm a pushover.

Did you know that brownie batter now comes in tubes, just like the slice and bake cookies? Please please please do not ask me how I know that. Really, you don't want to know how much of that tube I've eaten. Maybe it is my postpartum reaction to not being able to eat raw dough for 9 months while pregnant, and I'm making up for lost time! Thank goodness you got the treadmill set up before you left. If I start running RIGHT NOW I will burn off that tube of brownie batter by the time you get back!

We hope you are making the best of your trip to the "land of the not-right-at-all" as you call it. Don't forget to visit the kimchi museum...I know how much you love your fermented, rotting cabbage! We love you dearly and miss you tons!

1 comment:

Krafty Kat said...

Hey! There is nothing wrong with fermenting, rotted cabbage! Hania is so cute!
Myra


Missy

For the moment, my blog has turned into a gratitude journal!


Clickety-click over here to find out the Secret! This fabulous site features new blogs every day!