Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Recap: the wedding

Since this blog is a way for us to share the events in our life, I think it is important for us to catch everyone up on some of the things that may have been missed over the past couple of years. For example, our wedding! The following pics are the only ones that we have that are digital. (It was only back in 2004, but I guess digital cameras were not as popular yet.) We will have to scan some of the actual wedding photos someday....I hope to get to that by the time Hania is ten! Even if you were there, maybe you didn't see these pics and they will make you smile. Most of these pics came from my cousin, Clay, on the Mundy side of the family. We are so grateful to have these candid shots!

We were engaged in October 2002 shortly after we moved to Atlanta, and decided to have the wedding in Charleston, SC. Many, many, many wedding planning trips later, our actual wedding date was March 27, 2004.


Here's Victoria...about a year before Hannah showed up! Tori has been one of my best buds since middle school and I was honored that she was one of my bridesmaids.


We don't have any shots of the ceremony because it was a historic church and photos were forbidden. (boo!) But we have tons of lovely shots before and after. This is at the reception site, which was a club house in an amazing neighborhood called I'on in Mt. Pleasant, SC. It sits right on the creek and has a wraparound porch with couches and rocking chairs lined up.


Ready to PAR-TAY! What a handsome guy. I'm glad I married him.


Even though it was late March it was very warm and humid. Which explains why my hair looks like I just got back from the gym! In fact, it was so warm that all my family from Minnesota got excited and jumped into the hotel swimming pool. Now, when I say "warm" I mean warm for March...only maybe 70's? Those crazy Minnesotans!


My mom and I with her aunt Emma Mundy, and her cousin, Donnis Mundy.
Aunt Emmy was one of my favorite people ever. She was my Granny's sister-in-law and she used to come to Missouri from Virginia to visit every summer during my childhood. Emma and Granny were a riot when they got together, always cutting up. She was a funny lady. For example, guess what we're discussing in the picture? You'll NEVER guess. The sticky, life-like bra pads in my wedding gown! AKA "chicken cutlets". Yep, I'm serious. I was pretty proud of my attempt at cleavage, and she was saying that she knew I had to use something fake b/c I was a late bloomer! Aunt Emma passed away this past year after living a very long and happy life. She had a "goodbye party" that she had prearranged instead of a funeral, and it actually was very festive and a great way to celebrate her beautiful spirit.



Johnny and I cutting the "unique" cake. Those are supposed to be tulips. Up close, the tulips look like nipples. I guess you had to pay extra for tulips! Soooo funny. The cake was absolutely delicious though. So delicious, in fact, that I BIT Johnny's finger when he was feeding me my piece of cake. That is why we're both laughing in this photo. One of the layers had fruit filling, and when he stuck the piece in my mouth I felt like it was going to drip down the front of my dress, so I bit down as hard as I could to get the piece from falling. Um...that was a finger. The groom's finger. Did I mention that it was bleeding? Our photographer captured the sequence perfectly...feeding each other cake...Johnny pulling his finger back and saying "ow"...the bride about to fall down laughing. Yep, it was a very serious and solemn event.


And of course the dancing. My favorite part!!! I wish I could go to weddings every weekend so I could get my groove on. This one is a little fuzzy, but it is all of my college girlfriends dancing to Cotton Eye Joe by the Rednexx. Yes, I know, that is embarrassing, but one of my guilty pleasures. I guess that's just the Missouri girl coming out.


No more digital pics to share. But hopefully that is a little snapshot of our special day for those who weren't able to be there!

No comments:


Missy

For the moment, my blog has turned into a gratitude journal!


Clickety-click over here to find out the Secret! This fabulous site features new blogs every day!