Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Week!

Yes, that's right. Happy Valentine's WEEK. As in, we have been doing Valentine's Day-related activities all week. Thank you, Hania, for the excuse to celebrate each and every holiday to the fullest extent! Just a quick recap of the activities:

Photo shoot for homemade Valentine's Day cards.
Hania was extremely agreeable to this form of torture.

Hand made Valentine's Day card for Daddy. We had to email pictures of the card to him, since he has run off to central Mexico for 3 weeks. Supposedly he is there for work, but my guess is that he is laying on a beach in Cancun.

One night we braved the new world of arts and crafts with a 16 month old, and it went shockingly well. Hania loved having paint all over her hands, and was happy to wait for me to give her one piece of paper after another to slap her little hand on!

Lovely flowers that Johnny sent to us.

Gift from Mommy & Daddy - her first crayons, markers that only write on a specific type of paper (genius, Crayola!), and two little books.
Oh wow, they actually work!

She picked these two balloons out at the grocery store. The square one is her favorite because it has a bee on it, and she knows that a bee says "buzz". I'm pretty clear on this, as she has told me what a bee says at least 36 times today.

Cutting out heart shapes from jello. Did you know that it is really difficult to eat jello with your hands? I had no idea. Fun, though.
No pictures of the heart shaped coconut cakes with cream cheese icing and heart sprinkles.... but trust me, they were a hit!

A cute video to wrap up our Valentine's Week extravaganza!
My parents sent Hania a package and she ripped through it in record time. She was especially happy to find a stuffed cat in her bag. The cats were especially happy that she can show her affection to this cat instead of to them!
(please excuse the weird narration, I'm on the phone w/ my folks during the video)

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Happy Valentine's Week to you too! :) This is all pretty much the cutest thing I've seen all week! I love and miss that cute little girl! Her pretty auburn head of hair is getting so long! She is looking like such a little kid--not a baby!
I hope you are having fun and doing well. I miss you girl!

Scott, Victoria, Hannah and Caleb said...

OH MY GOSH! She has gotten so bit! I hope to see you guys soon!

Sleepless Sabra said...

Holidays are SO much more fun with kids, aren't they? And it's true, you finally have an excuse to celebrate each and every holiday to the fullest. Looks like you had fun!

Laura said...

great idea with the giant V-day card to daddy. I might have to steal that idea next year. When do we get to see pictures of the new hair cut?

Staci said...

OMG i know iknow im a horrible friend/blog designer for not checkin in on my fav customer....seroiously is her hair really that long?? OH MY shes adorable...and growing...

if you need anything let us know!!

hope all is well and i promise to come back more often!!

Michael W. said...

Love your blog Melissa. I have some pictures of Hania from last year (maybe 2007?) I should send you. Congrats on the move to domestic diva! I didn't realize John was a Rev. War buff - I have some artifacts he may want to see sometime. Take care!

Michael Washington


Missy

For the moment, my blog has turned into a gratitude journal!


Clickety-click over here to find out the Secret! This fabulous site features new blogs every day!