Thursday, February 5, 2009

The baby's baby

Hania has changed so much since the last pictures on the beach at Thanksgiving!
I have some catching up to do, but this video was too funny NOT to post immediately!

She will be 16 months next week, and is picking up words and phrases rapidly. Last weekend she gave me a hug (yes!!! The wild child is learning to be affectionate!) and said "baby baby baby". This is possibly the cutest thing EVER, and most likely she is trying to mimic me because I call her "my baby" when I hug her.

Apparently this now extends to her cat, Crusoe. He is her very tolerant baby. You can hear her say it when she lays her head on him, and at the end she says "bye cat". Do I detect a country accent? How did this happen? Is it a birthright that comes with being born in Kentucky?


We've started saving for his kitty therapy bills. "Cat" was her first word, and it was obvious she was referring to them, although it sounded more like "cock". Which is real cute, until she is screaming "cock" at the top of her lungs at a restaurant and people are snickering. Which encouraged her to yell with even more gusto! Yeah. Good times! How exactly do I put that in her baby book?

6 comments:

Julie said...

Holy Heck Missy. That is too dang cute.

amy7252 said...

Aw, that is so darling! I can't get over how patient the cat is, too.

Great to have you back in the blog-o-sphere!

Sleepless Sabra said...

I love her red hair. Mia's is auburn but I can't tell for sure which way it's going to go - more or less red. I'm voting for more! :)

Caroline said...

My redhead and I were watching it together and he was doing a cute little giggle. That really is precious...what a doll she is. My redhead looked at her and said "Baby Wesley"...he thinks every redhead should be him. What a narcissist - talk about therapy bills!

Kimberly said...

Hania has grown so much! I can't get over this...every time I see her or her picture/video, I feel like I've jumped a million years in time! She is talking so much! And of course, sweet Crusoe is just letting her love him! :) So cute!! I've so missed your blog!

WheresMyAngels said...

About time you posted. She is so cute. Your cat is very well behaved.

Too funny on the "cock"!


Missy

For the moment, my blog has turned into a gratitude journal!


Clickety-click over here to find out the Secret! This fabulous site features new blogs every day!