Thursday, February 28, 2008

Visit from the Byerly Grandparents - the first 5 minutes!


Hania's Poohma & Poohpa came to visit last weekend! These are just a few of the pictures taken in the first 5 minutes that they arrived...notice they are still in the entry way of our house.


Just in case you can't tell, my family is fanatical about pictures. If you've been there to share any of the major events in my life (oh you know, like prom, graduation from high school or college, holidays, eating spaghetti on a random Tuesday night...) there MUST be pictures! MANY pictures. But it's okay, I get it now. For me, pictures are documentation that something really DID happen. Going through old pictures is one of my favorite things to do when I need a pick-me-up, especially when most of my family and friends live so far away. You would think that I would have learned how to use all the functions on my camera properly if I love photos so much.... but no. Which explains why we all look demonic...the red-eye feature is beyond my mental capacity. Pregnancy certainly kills brain cells. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Back to the visit...




Notice the little blue sweater Hania is wearing. That is MY MOM'S sweater, made for her by her grandmother. Can you believe it is still in good condition? And so adorable! So that means it was made by Hania's great-great-grandmother. I'm sure the dear woman never dreamed that one day little Kim's granddaughter would be wearing something she made with so much love.


"I know you guys drove 11 hours, but man, I'm so sleepy!"


Happy Birthday to me! I don't look 31, right? RIGHT?!? It's a shame you can't see my outfit. In honor of my big day I decided to wear all of my favorite things together...I'm not sure if they really "go" together, but I just hoped that maybe I could pull it off. Short purple knit dress from Ann Taylor...$50. Brown fishnet stockings...$5. Brown lace-up faux suede boots from Payless...$19.99. Trying to fool yourself into thinking you aren't 31 by dressing too young for your age....priceless! (: My parents and husband were kind enough to allow me to bask in my denial all weekend. Thanks guys!

We had a blast all weekend and there are many, many more photos on the way.

6 comments:

amy7252 said...

Well crap. If you're 31, that means I've only got about a month left. Oh well, I feel like a 30-something anyway.

Your parents look EXACTLY the same as they did when we were in high school! Too funny. Is your mom going to bust out the puffy paint and make t-shirts with Hania and her brownie troop friends some day? ;)

Scott, Victoria, Hannah and Caleb said...

I laughed all the way through the comments you made.

Laura said...

Too funny. Tell Poohpa and Poohma hello from Laura... I was just thinking of the puffy paint t-shirts and boxer shorts. I also remember slumber parties with 20-30 pre-teen girls running around your house all night long. Your parents must really love you to host one of those! And, no, you don't look 31. But then again, neither do I, right??

amy7252 said...

I hate to break it to you, Laura, but all three of us are in for many a night of "20-30 pre-teen girls running around our house all night long." I bet we'll ALL be longing for these early days when that time comes.

Missy said...

You guys are a riot! Yes, my parents were definitely brave. I think they decided that they didn't have to pace themselves since they only had one. How else can I explain all the chaos they invited into our house? (:
Do you guys remember how we stuck pennies in the toilet paper roll, and tried to get my dad to wet himself by sticking his hand in water while he was asleep? Poor guy! I hope I'll be that cool...
Oh yes, I think there's lots of puffy paint in Hania's future! I think my mom already has LOT of craft projects in mind for her!

Laura said...

Ahh yes, the 'ol pennies in the toilet paper trick. That never got old. I also vaguely remember a jock strap circulating in the ceiing fan in your parents bedroom.


Missy

For the moment, my blog has turned into a gratitude journal!


Clickety-click over here to find out the Secret! This fabulous site features new blogs every day!